The Young Researchers' Roundtable on Spoken Dialog Systems is an annual workshop designed for graduate students, PhD students, post docs, and junior researchers working in research related to spoken dialogue systems in both academia and industry. The roundtable provides an open forum where participants can discuss their research interests, current work and future plans. The workshop is meant to provide an interdisciplinary forum for creative thinking about current issues in spoken dialogue systems research, and help create a stronger international network of young researchers working in the field.
Previous workshops have been co-located with SIGdial or InterSpeech, and YRRSDS 2011 was recently held in Portland, Oregon, US. YRRSDS 2012 will be hosted by Seoul National University, and will be held directly before SIGdial and ACL 2012.
The workshop has four main goals:
● to offer an interdisciplinary forum for creative thinking about current issues in spoken dialogue systems research
● to provide young researchers with career advice from senior researchers and professionals from both academic and industrial backgrounds
● to develop a stronger international network of young researchers working in the field
● to provide a platform for sharing knowledge about methodology, approaches, and tools
YRRSDS'12 will feature:
● a senior researcher panel (both academia and industry)
● a demo and poster session (Best Poster Award!)
● two Roundtable discussion and presentation sessions
● a special session on tools and toolkits for research in SDS
Please find more information on the YRRSDS website.